NYK Hikawa Maru (hereinafter referred to as "NHM") recognizes that all personal information managed and used in its business activities must be crucial and will make best endeavor to handle and protect it properly and appropriately in accordance with the following policies.
- 1) Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- NHM will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal information and other relevant laws, regulations and guidelines set forth by Japanese governmental authorities.
- 2) Possession of Personal Information
- NHM possesses and will possess personal information, including but not limited to, names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, gender, age, memberships, departments and titles of its customers, suppliers and other related companies for the purpose of proper and appropriate use of personal information in accordance with the 3) below.
NHM does not acquire and possess any personal information that is not required for business purpose.
- 3) Purpose of Use.
- The personal information provided to NHM will be used only as needed for its business performance according to its business purpose. NHM will not use personal information for any other purpose without prior consent of possessor of it.
- 4) Security Control of Measures
- NHM will take necessary and appropriate security control measures to ensure the security and accuracy of the personal information possessed by it and prevent unauthorized access to it and loss, destruction, alteration and leakage of personal information.
- 5) Security in obtaining personal information
In obtaining the personal information of an NHM customer from the Website, NHM uses the Secure Socket Layer(SSL) to protect the personal information inputted through NHM Websites. SSL is a general technology used for security of communications on Website, which can encrypt the input data before it is transmitted over the internet and prevent the input data from being intercepted or tapped. Please be noted that there are some cases when access to this website may be denied, as with the use of browsers not compatible with SSL, firewall restrictions, etc.
- 6) Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
NHM will not provide the Personal Information of any person possessed by it to any third party without consent of such person, except in the following cases;
- NHM entrusts the work of handling personal information, in whole or in part, to any third party to the extent necessary for NHM’s business purpose.
* In this case, NHM shall conclude an appropriate outsourcing agreement that includes a confidentiality clause by and between NHM and such entrusted company and perform appropriate supervision of the entrusted company.
- NHM will share the personal information of any specific person with one or more of subsidiaries and/or affiliates of Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha, to the extent necessary for NHM’s business subject to description of 7) below. In this case, NHM shall conclude an appropriate agreement that includes a confidentiality clause by and between NHM and such entrusted company and perform appropriate supervision of it.
- Such disclosure of personal information to any third party is otherwise authorized under any applicable law or regulation.
- 7) Joint use of Personal Information
NHM may share the personal information with one or more of subsidiaries and/or affiliates of Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha(herein referred to as “NYK Group Companies”), to the extent necessary for NHM’s business subject as defined below.
- NYK Group Companies
Please refer to the following URL for the NYK Group companies.
- Shared items of personal information for joint use
NHM may share the personal information with NYK Group Companies including but not limited to,
① Names and e-mail addresses of customers
② Emergency contact details of attendees of events
- Purpose of Joint Use
Please refer to the 3)Purpose of Use above.
- Responsible entity for joint use of personal information
Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha
- 8) Disposal of personal information
- NHM shall dispose of personal information provided by customers in an unreproducible if it would not be used for NHM’s business in the future.
- 9) Contact for personal information
If a customer would like to request disclosure of its Personal Information with an appropriate identificational document such as a copy of a driving license, passport or insurance card, NHM would disclose it without delay unless otherwise there is specific reason not to disclose it, which disrupt appropriate performance of NHM’s business. If a customer would like to change and/or terminate use of Personal Information, NHM would respond to its request with reasonable effort.
If you have any questions, please contact the following counter.
- Yamashita Park,Yamashita-cho,Naka-ku,Yokohama city,Kanagawa,Japan
- Openning hour
- 10) Others
This policy may be changed, modified, added to, deleted as needed from time to time at NHM’s sole discretion.
NYK Hikawa Maru